[Sigvis-l] Image IR Panel at ASIS&T AM 08: Your thoughts requested

Neal, Diane M dneal at NCCU.EDU
Thu Sep 25 16:02:57 EDT 2008

Dear SIG VIS Members,

At next month's ASIS&T Annual Meeting, SIG VIS is sponsoring a panel called "Models, theories, and methods in image research: A discussion and a look to the future" (Abstract at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM08/papers/26.html).  The panelists are Samantha Hastings (moderator), June Abbas, Hemalata Iyer, Abebe Rorissa, and myself.  We want this panel to be, at least partially, an interactive discussion with the audience. For this reason, we would like your thoughts in advance regarding some general questions about an image retrieval research agenda:

-- What needs to be in place in order to establish a solid research agenda in image retrieval?

-- What models, theories, and research methods should be included in a research agenda?

-- What are the most pressing research questions that we need to explore?

If you would like us to incorporate your thoughts into the starting point for our panel, please email them to me (dneal at nccu.edu<mailto:dneal at nccu.edu>) by Monday, October 6, so we have time to organize the discussion.

Thank you, and we hope to see you at our panel in Columbus!

Diane Neal

Chair, SIG VIS

Diane Neal, PhD
Assistant Professor
North Carolina Central University
School of Library and Information Sciences
919-530-6762
dneal at nccu.edu<mailto:dneal at nccu.edu>