[Sigvis-l] ISCRAM at NJIT may 14-17

Murray Turoff murray.turoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 00:48:28 EDT 2006

Third International Meeting on Information Systems for Crisis
Management and Response, May 14-17 2006 NJIT, Newark NJ

We have accepted 60 very excellent papers (peer reviewed) for ISCRAM
and they cover a wide variety of multidisciplinary topics.  I
encourage you to brows the program list of papers at

http://www.iscram.org/doc/ISCRAM2006Program.pdf

We also have three top notch keynoters and a panel on the Katrina
Experience.  The papers and half the current 130 registrations are
form outside the United States and 25 of the registrations are Ph.D.
students working in this area.  Papers on such topics as Information
Systems or Communication system requirements, early warning systems,
new satellite applications, personal area networks/sensors for first
responders, visualization of complex data, interagency communications,
command and control, etc.

I am sure you would enjoy the meeting, but even if you cannot make it
I would appreciate you forwarding this to others you might know who
might be interested.  I suspect we will hit 250 attendees and have to
stop registration around that point.  We have allowed a half hour for
each paper to facilitate questions and discussion.  We also have
exhibit tables and other sponsorship options.  If you would like a one
page flyer which more fully describes the keynote speakers let me
know.

--
http://is.njit.edu/turoff