[Sigvis-l] FW: [CNI-ANNOUNCE] Internet2 "Lecture Objects" Survey Results

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Fri Sep 9 16:14:39 EDT 2005

[Forwarded.  Dick Hill]

-----Original Message-----
From: CNI-ANNOUNCE -- News from the Coalition [mailto:CNI-ANNOUNCE at cni.org]
On Behalf Of Clifford Lynch
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 3:46 PM
To: CNI-ANNOUNCE -- News from the Coalition
Subject: [CNI-ANNOUNCE] Internet2 "Lecture Objects" Survey Results

In April 2005 I posted an invitation to participate in a survey being
conducted by the Internet2 Applications Council on the capture,
storage, and interchange of what we were calling, for want of a
better idea, "lecture objects" -- various kinds of composites of
audio or video of lectures, slides or other visuals, and perhaps
notes or other supplementary materials.

George Brett at Internet2 has compiled a summary of the results of
the survey and made them available at:

http://www.internet2.edu/presentations/spring05/20050504-Lecture-Brett.htm

The Internet2 Applications Strategy Council (of which I am a member)
is still discussing what, if any, follow-on work might be helpful
here. For readers attending the upcoming Internet2 Meeting, George
will be hosting a BoF there on Wednesday, September 21, from
1145am-115pm to discuss the survey and to share experiences and
explore possible collaborations among institutions working in this
area.

Clifford Lynch
Director, CNI