[Sigvis-l] New SIGVIS Weblog Invites Comments

Uzwyshyn, Raymond John ruzwyshyn at miami.edu
Tue Feb 1 12:30:51 EST 2005

Dear SIGVIS Members,

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Ray Uzwyshyn and along
with Diane Neal, I am one of the co-chairs of SIGVIS for 2005.  In the
past month, we've begun a weblog with regards to information
visualization and we have had some great written entries from some of
the leaders in the field including Donald Norman, Eugene Garfield and
Chaomei Chen.  Please review the weblog at
http://informationvisualization.typepad.com
<http://informationvisualization.typepad.com/>   Also, the weblog is
very much 'live and open for comments as we are very interested in
generating larger dialogue and debate. Please feel free to click on the
'comment' link at the bottom of each entry  and comment! We are very
interested in hearing your opinions, reflections, observations and
generating dialogue and finding out about larger community directions.
Also, members interested in writing brief 'information visualization'
entries, please feel free to contact me at ruzwyshyn at miami.edu  We'd
like to be using the weblog as an informal incubator and idea generator
and we'd be glad to publish your preliminary research, intuitions,
illuminations, 'observations' or interesting applications for our larger
community to try. It looks like it will be a great year.  Diane and I
are in the process of already organizing a panel for next year's
conference and please feel free to give out the address of our weblog to
your graduate students and other interested colleagues .  We are very
interested in beginning to generate fresh dialogue about some of the new
research going on information visualization and we'd be glad to
highlight some of your research/applications/observations for further
constructive criticism and community building.

Sincerely,

Ray

Dr. Ray Uzwyshyn, ruzwyshyn at miami.edu

University of Miami Digital Library Initiatives