[Sigvis-l] Oliver Grau Interview

Pete J. Otis virtualart at culture.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 21 11:05:29 EDT 2003

"The onslaught of the new media also means that we must hurry. For before
we have helped to establish this art in public awareness, it threatens to
be lost because of its short-lived storage media. Thus, we are not only
contributing to research on digital art, we also hope to pave the way for
digital art into museum collections and thus secure its future."

A new analysis of virtual images and their history from the perspective of
art and media history is presented in Grau's new book "Virtual Art: From
Illusion to Immersion."  A recommendable interview by presented by the
Switch Journal.

http://switch.sjsu.edu/~switch/nextswitch/switch_engine/front/front.php?artc=273

Pete Otis