[Sigvis-l] sad news

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Apr 11 10:22:11 EDT 2002

We just learned that Mark Rorvig died of a heart attack last night at his
home in Denton, Texas.   Further information will be provided when it is
available.
----------
Earlier we learned that Brett Butler passed away.  Below is the information
I have received:
On March 23, a message  posted the news of the death of Brett Butler, a
pioneer in the information industry.  The family received many messages
from colleagues and friends and requested that their thanks be communicated
to all.  They have selected a local foundation for memorial donations made
in memory of Brett.  The foundation was created recently in honor of a
90-year-old violinist of local renown to generate funds for enhancement of
elementary and middle school music programs and for the purchase or rental
of musical instruments for children.  Send contributions in memory of Brett
Butler to:

The Caroline F. Libby Music Fund
c/o San Mateo/Foster City School District
51 West 41st Ave.
San Mateo, California 94403

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900