[Siguse-l] ASIST 80th Anniversary - request for your assistance!

Kathryn La Barre kathryn.labarre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 19:53:05 EDT 2017

Greetings,
I'm writing to you, in my capacity as Chair of the ASIST 80th Anniversary
Advisory Group. This group is advising Wiley (the JASIST publisher) on
their project to identify key and high impact papers in JASIST.  For their
part Wiley conducted a bibliometric study of highly cited papers, ranked by
decade. As part of this initiative the 80thAG is soliciting nominations of
JASIST papers that have been central to your own work, or to that of your
SIG. Wiley realizes that articles can be quite useful without attracting
citations, so we are reaching out to SIG members!

In early September, all ASIST members will have a chance to vote on the
most significant JASIST paper for each decade. The papers span the years
1956-2017. The outcome of this initiative will be a Wiley-hosted website
that features access to select papers. ASIST members will be able to add
comments and images. This website will launch during the upcoming annual
meeting in Washington, DC.

Please send your paper nominations (in the form of a citation) by August
15th to klabarre [at] illinois.edu

--
Kathryn La Barre