[Siguse-l] ALISE Board of Directors Statement on Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion

Rong Tang rong.tang at simmons.edu
Thu Aug 24 12:47:40 EDT 2017

Dear All,

In light of events in several countries that were instigated by values that
are contrary to the Association for Library and Information Science
Education (ALISE), the ALISE Board of Directors reaffirms its commitment
to, and promotion of, diversity, equality, and inclusion in the library and
information science (LIS) education and professional community, and
condemns racism, hate, bigotry, and violence.

Diversity and inclusion are core elements of the LIS curriculum. To help
LIS instructors teach and promote diversity, equality, and inclusion in
their curriculum, we have compiled a list of recent works. This list is
intended to serve as a living document. We encourage LIS educators,
professionals, and students to use these resources in relevant learning
settings to further promote these values within the communities we serve.

Access the list of the resources via the link below:

http://www.alise.org/alise-board-statement-on-diversity--equ
ality--and-inclusion

ALISE Board of Directors

--
Rong Tang, PhD.
Associate Professor

Director for External Relations, Association for Library and Information
Science Education
rong.tang at simmons.edu
1-617-521-2880 <(617)%20521-2880>