[Siguse-l] Faculty Openings at UT Austin's School of Information (iSchool)

Jacek Gwizdka asis at gwizdka.com
Tue Oct 18 15:39:46 EDT 2016

The University of Texas at Austin's School of Information (iSchool) invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position, anticipated to
start in Fall 2017. While we are most likely to hire at the Assistant
Professor level, we will consider exceptional candidates for Associate,
Full, or Endowed Professor positions. Rank and salary will be commensurate
with qualifications and experience.

*Faculty Opening Announcement*:https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/facultysearch

*We will begin to review applications on November 1, 2016*.  Applications
will be accepted until the position is filled.

*Questions?* Email facultysearch at ischool.utexas.edu.

*Learn More About *

* UT Austin's iSchool: https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/about/about_us

* Research in UT Austin's iSchool: https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/research

** *UT Austin*: *https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/about/about_ut_austin

** *Local Life in Austin: https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/about/about_austin

===============

*Call for New Faculty*

We only seek candidates with excellent research and teaching abilities and
a commitment to shaping the future of the school and the discipline of
information studies. We are especially interested in candidates who can
augment our design or technical capabilities in ways that complement our
existing strengths in Human-Computer Interaction, but we welcome
applications from candidates who can enhance our current offerings in any
area or extend our coverage into new areas of information studies.

Our school is a unique mix of interdisciplinary expertise, offering
cutting-edge research and education in the human, social, cultural, and
technical aspects of information, broadly conceived. Our program is
consistently ranked among the top programs in information nationally. We
offer masters and doctoral degree programs, dual masters degree programs
with various disciplines, an integrated bachelors in computer
science/masters in information studies, and an undergraduate minor. Our
Master of Science degree in Identity Management and Security is offered
jointly with the UT Center for Identity. On our degree offerings, see
https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/programs.

*Qualifications*

Candidates must hold a doctorate degree in a field that is relevant to
their area of research and be able to articulate clearly in their
application materials a research agenda that fits with the School’s core
areas of focus. These areas are listed at
https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/research. For the fullest consideration,
please address this fit explicitly in your application.

*Application Instructions*

Interested candidates may apply via Interfolio:
https://apply.interfolio.com/37535. If you do not have a Dossier account
with Interfolio, you will be prompted to create a free account prior to
applying for the position.

The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws
regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is
committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital
status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs
and activities, and admissions.

*Questions?* Email facultysearch <facultysearch at ischool.utexas.edu>
@ischool.utexas.edu <facultysearch at ischool.utexas.edu>

Jacek Gwizdka, PhD  http://www.gwizdka.com
Assistant Professor at School of Information, University of Texas at Austin
Information eXperience (IX) lab Co-Director