[Siguse-l] SIG USE 2017 Symposium Planning: Call for Participation and Themes

Koh, Kyungwon kkoh at ou.edu
Tue Oct 4 19:58:55 EDT 2016

* Please excuse any duplicate postings *

In order to get a little head-start on the planning process for the 2017 SIG USE Symposium, which will be held at the end of October 2017 as part of the ASIS&T Annual Conference in Crystal City, Virginia, we are issuing the following call:
SIG USE is looking for volunteers who are interested in working as part of the Symposium Planning Committee for the 2017 SIG USE Symposium.  The SIG’s annual Symposium is an important part of our year, an always lively and stimulating half-day held each year just before the ASIS&T Annual Conference.  Participants would be involved in setting the agenda for the 2017 Symposium, soliciting contributions, choosing a keynote speaker, and managing the session itself.
If you are a regular participant in the SIG USE Symposiums, you already know the value of these sessions; if you are looking to become involved, participating in the planning and organization of the Symposium is a great way to begin networking with other SIG members and becoming a contributing member of ASIS&T’s largest SIG.
SIG USE is also looking for input and ideas for the theme for our 2017 Symposium within the broad domain of cross-cultural and interdisciplinary approaches to information behavior.  If you have an idea you’d like to propose, please write an extremely brief (150-300 words, maximum) summary of your idea.  We will compile a list of the ideas and discuss them at the SIG’s business meeting at the upcoming ASIS&T Conference in Copenhagen and/or via email with SIG members in order to make a decision.
To volunteer and/or to propose an idea, please send email by the end of the day on Friday, October 14 to either Gary Burnett (current SIG chair, gburnett at fsu.edu<mailto:gburnett at fsu.edu>) or Heather O’Brien (incoming SIG chair, h.obrien at ubc.ca<mailto:h.obrien at ubc.ca>).   Thank you for your ongoing interest in and support of SIG USE.  We look forward to hearing from you!
Kyungwon Koh, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
School of Library and Information Studies
The University of Oklahoma
http://slis.ou.edu/kyungwonkoh