[Siguse-l] Snapshot: Summer Professional Education @ UMD iSchool

Ischool UMD ischoolumd at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:05:59 EDT 2016

 [image: Inline image 2]

Here’s a look at what’s on this summer*!*

*Don’t forget to sign up for **An Educated Eye*
<http://go.umd.edu/educatedeye-Jun16>*, a workshop on June 11*

Participants in this one-day, in-person workshop will gain a better
understanding of how illustration and other visual images convey meaning.
Maria Salvadore, leading expert in children’s literature, will walk
participants through interactive, hands-on activities aimed at showcasing
the power of illustration and image in children’s literature. Register
today!

Registration closes on *May 27, 2016.*

*Learn how to build a website with our one-credit, fully online courses! *

Dr. Jen Golbeck, a world leader in social media research and science
communication, is offering two different, online one-credit graduate
courses this summer! *Introduction to Web Programming* will teach you how
to build a website, the basics of good website design, and how to write
code. *Introduction to Javascript *will give you more in-depth skills in
programming languages, including variables, types, data structures, and
control flow. No prior programming experience is needed! Both courses run
from *July 11 through August 19*. Visit our *website*
<http://ischool.umd.edu/professional-education> for more details!