[Siguse-l] Extended deadline for full papers at CHIIR'17
Nils.Pharo at hioa.no
Fri Aug 26 09:27:25 EDT 2016
In response to numerous requests, we have extended the deadline for full papers at CHIIR'17 to September 6.
The ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction & Retrieval (CHIIR) will be held in Oslo, Norway from March 7-11, 2017. CHIIR is the pre-eminent forum for the presentation and discussion of research related to the user-centered aspects of information interaction and information retrieval, including human involvement in search activities, information seeking and use in context, and the design of interactive systems. Many areas of interest for CHIIR have traditionally been covered under "Users and interactive IR" at the SIGIR Conference, and at the HCIR and IIiX conferences, which have merged to form the CHIIR conference.
Conference Scope and Topics
Users are central to the design, evaluation, and use of information retrieval systems. We invite submissions on user-centered approaches to information retrieval, access, and use, including studies of interactive systems, novel interaction paradigms, new evaluation methods, and a range of related areas.
We are particularly interested in papers in the following areas:
* Information seeking, search and retrieval, including task-based and exploratory search
* Interaction techniques for information retrieval and discovery
* Online information-seeking behavior, including log analysis of search and browsing
* Modeling and simulation of information interaction
* Search user interfaces, including those for specialized tasks, populations and domains
* Information use, including measures of use and sensemaking
* Field and case studies relevant to information retrieval and access
* User-centered evaluation methods and measures, including measures of user experience and performance, experiment and search task design, eye-tracking and physiological approaches, data analysis methods, and usability
* Context-aware and personalized search, contextual features and analysis for information interaction
* Collaborative information seeking and social search, including social utility and network analysis for information interaction
* Information visualization and visual analytics, search result presentation
* User-centered work in other areas of information retrieval
Full papers: We are looking for high quality original research of relevance to CHIIR as full paper submissions (10 pages). We expect submissions to contain a rigorous evaluation of any proposed findings, using techniques such as laboratory studies, field experiments, in situ observational studies, crowdsourcing, simulations of search behavior, and log analysis. Authors should describe their methods and techniques in enough detail to allow for replication and reuse.
Short Papers: Short papers (4 pages) should also be original, high-quality submissions, like full papers, but based upon a smaller, concise contribution. These may present work in progress, late-breaking results, reports on projects or applications, or demos. Accepted short papers will be published as part of the proceedings, but will also be presented as posters during the poster reception at the conference.
Perspectives Papers: a special category of full papers (10 pages) that present novel ideas or insights concerning approaches, key challenges, or methodological issues that have the potential to inspire substantive discussion and lead to significant advances in the field. These papers should not consist primarily of literature reviews or the presentation of stand-alone studies, but may take the form of:
* reflections upon the body of research, considering how the field, the theories, the models, and the methods have developed;
* discussion of the implications of research findings on users in the real world;
* proposals for and discussions of theories or models of information-interaction; or
* critical, provocative, and creative contributions to stir debate and discussion.
Workshops: We encourage prospective workshop organizers to submit proposals for highly interactive workshops (either full-day or half-day) that fall within the scope of the conference. We are particularly interested in workshops that bridge multiple approaches or present new perspectives on user-centred aspects of information interaction and information retrieval. Workshops will be held on the last day of the conference. Application instructions are available on the conference web page at http://sigir.org/chiir2017/
Tutorials: Proposals will be considered for full day or half day tutorials. Tutorials may cover material either at an introductory level (introducing new areas of research or practice to attendees) or in depth (advancing the understanding of attendees with basic familiarity of the area). Application instructions will be available on the conference web page at http://sigir.org/chiir2017/
Doctoral Consortium: We invite doctoral students to submit applications for a supervisory seminar, to present and discuss their research with senior researchers and other doctoral students. The consortium will take place on the first day of the conference. Application instructions are available on the conference web page at http://sigir.org/chiir2017/
* CHIIR submissions should be original, high quality research that has not been published previously and are not under review for another conference or journal.
* An international program committee will review all submissions.
* All reviews will be double-blind so submissions should be made anonymous when submitted.
* Full papers and Perspectives papers will be up to 10 pages in length, while short papers will be up to 4 pages.
* All submissions should be formatted using the ACM Conference style (for LaTeX or Word). Submissions should be made in PDF.
* All accepted submissions will be made available in the ACM Digital Library as part of the CHIIR series.
6 Sept 2016 - Full papers and Perspectives papers due
15 Sept 2016 - Short papers, Workshop and Tutorial proposals and Doctoral consortium submissions due
20 Oct 2016 - Workshop notifications
13 Nov 2016 - All other notifications
7-11 March 2017 - CHIIR Conference
Institutt for arkiv-, bibliotek- og informasjonsfag
Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus
More information about the Siguse-l