[Siguse-l] Lecturer/Associate Professor in Information Management

David Allen [LUBS] D.Allen at lubs.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 17 13:48:02 EST 2015

Lecturer/Associate Professor in Information Management
Location:

Leeds - Main Campus

Faculty/Service:

Faculty of Business

School/Institute:

Leeds University Business School (UK)

Category:

Academic

Grade:

Grade 8 to Grade 9

Salary:

£38,511 to £54,841

Closing Date:

Wednesday 06 January 2016

Reference:

LUBSC1074

Leeds University Business School has built upon its rating of international excellence in the Research Excellence Framework, being ranked within the top 10 in the UK. Leeds University Business School is a full-service, research-intensive business school internationally recognised as world-class; differentiated by excellent links to other academic disciplines at Leeds, its global focus and leading-edge practice-based education. Our goal is to remain one of the leading nodes in Information Management and Information Systems scholarship globally and to expand the quantity, quality and reach of our work. As such, we maximise the research time available to research-active faculty and provide strong support and resources. Compensation is competitive with peer institutions, and we provide support for conferences and other research related expenses.

The successful candidate will join the Adaptation Information Management and Technology (AIMTech) Research Group. Their teaching responsibilities will fall with the Logistics, Information, Operations and Networks (LION) Subject Group of the Management Division of Leeds University Business School. Founded in 2002, AIMTech (Adaptation Information Management and Technology) is a highly active research group within the Business School. The group's work is focused on the inter-relationship between new technologies, information management and organisational change. A prominent component of AIMTech's activities is the on-going transfer of knowledge to both the public and the private sectors in areas which include public safety, local government and health. Work within the group is informed by Activity Theory, the use and development of which forms theoretical bedrock for most of our projects. The Logistics, Information, Operations and Networks Subject Group, part of the School's Management Division, was established to advance operations, supply chain management and information management theories and practices.
As well as making a significant contribution to our research profile, the successful applicant will teach across all levels, providing research student supervision and contributing to research programmes. A PhD in Information Management, Information Systems or a closely related discipline is essential to the role.
We have introduced the title of Associate Professor for our grade 9 academic staff, which is equivalent to Senior Lecturer.
Further information about the Faculty is available using the following web link www.business.leeds.ac.uk<http://www.business.leeds.ac.uk>
Informal enquiries may be made to Professor David Allen, LION Subject Group Leader, email da2 at lubs.leeds.ac.uk<mailto:da2 at lubs.leeds.ac.uk> or Professor Nigel Lockett Head of the Management Division, email N.Lockett at lubs.leeds.ac.uk<mailto:N.Lockett at lubs.leeds.ac.uk>
If you have any specific enquiries about your online application please contact the Faculty HR Team: jobs at lubs.leeds.ac.uk<mailto:jobs at lubs.leeds.ac.uk>
Click here for further information about working at the University of Leeds www.leeds.ac.uk/info/20025/university_jobs<http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/20025/university_jobs>

Professor David Allen
Leeds University Business School