[Siguse-l] 2012 ASIS&T SIG USE Awards

Lorri Mon lorri.mon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:00:43 EDT 2012

Congratulations to our 2012 ASIS&T SIG USE Awards winners!

Best Paper Award:
June Ahn, Mega Subramaniam, Kenneth R. Fleischmann, Amanda Waugh, Greg
Walsh, & Allison Druin for:
Youth Identities as Remixers in an Online Community of Storytellers:
Attitudes, Strategies, and Values

Best Poster Award:
Ji Yeon Yang & Soo Young Rieh for:
Dual Roles in Information Mediation at Work: Analysis of Advice-receiving
and Advice-Providing Diary Surveys

Chatman Award:
Joung Hwa Koo, Yong Wan Cho, & Melissa Gross for:
“Is Ignorance Really Bliss?”: Understanding the Role of Information-Seeking
in Coping with Severe Traumatic Stress Among Refugees

Student Travel Award:
Laura Christopherson

Interdisciplinary Travel Award:
Roberto Gonzalez-Ibanez

Innovation Award:
No award given.

Thanks to SIG USE Awards Chair Gary Burnett and our awards reviewers!  See
more about the ASIS&T SIG USE Awards at:
http://siguse.wordpress.com/awards/

Dr. Lorri Mon, Chair, ASIS&T SIG USE, Associate Professor
Florida State University,  College of Communication and Information
FSU SLIS, Florida's iSchool
268 Louis Shores Building, 142 Collegiate Loop
Tallahassee, FL 32306
email: lmon at fsu.edu