[Siguse-l] Fwd: ACM DIS 2012

Guo Zhang guozhang at indiana.edu
Fri Sep 2 00:07:26 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick Olivier <patrick.olivier at ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Subject: ACM DIS 2012
To: guozhang at indiana.edu

Designing Interactive Systems 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
June 11-15, 2012 (Note change of date)
http://www.dis2012.org/

The ACM conference on Designing Interactive Systems is the premier,
international arena where designers, artists, psychologists, user experience
researchers, systems engineers and many more come together to debate and
shape the future of interactive systems design and practice. At DIS 2012 we
will turn our focus to what happens when our interactive systems are used
"in the wild". Join us to discuss the opportunities, issues and challenges
of interactive systems when they are placed in the lived, everyday
experiences of people, institutions and practices.

DIS 2012 will be held in the historic and beautiful city of Newcastle, UK.
Situated on the River Tyne, Newcastle is the cultural capital of the North
East of England, renowned for its relaxed pace, friendliness and active
night life. DIS 2012 is hosted by Culture Lab, a cross-disciplinary centre
for creative and digital technologies research at Newcastle University.

We welcome submissions from a broad range of researchers and practitioners
within the field of interactive systems design research and practice.

DIS 2012 in an interdisciplinary conference, encompassing all issues related
to the design and deployment of interactive systems. We reflect this broad
engagement with the field by encouraging submissions that consider the
following:

- Contexts: Places, people, communities, events, and phenomena
- Values: Experience, aesthetics, engagement, empowerment, health,
wellbeing, designing things that matter, sustainability, and diversity
- Processes: Methods tools and techniques for engaging people, researching,
designing, and co-designing interactive systems.
- Technologies: Sensors and actuators, mobile devices, multi touch and
touchless interaction, social media, personal, community, and public
displays

Full and short papers published at DIS 2012 are ACM archival publications
and represent a significant contribution to the field of interactive systems
design, research and practice. DIS 2012 is prestigious conference which
makes competition between submissions high, so submit your best work to this
category.

Full submission instructions can be found on the conference website:
http://www.dis2012.org/

IMPORTANT DATES

- December 09, 2011: Workshop proposal deadline
- January 20, 2012: Full and short paper submission deadline
- March 07, 2012: Author notifications
- March 07, 2012: Demonstration/doctoral consortium deadline
- May 01, 2012: Early registration
- June 11-12 2012: Workshops and doctoral consortium
- June 13-15, 2012: Main conference

--
Guo Zhang
PhD Student