[Siguse-l] SIG USE mid-year report & call for participation!

Brown, Stephanie Willen swbrown at unc.edu
Mon Jul 11 08:57:41 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Lynn Westbrook, chair of SIG USE, has prepared this mid-year report.
Here's the first paragraph, to whet your appetite:

Colleagues,

SIG USE has new opportunities for you!  We¹ve formed 5 new committees so
you can contribute in areas that most interest you. Got an hour once a
month?  Looking for meaningful participation in our internationally known
SIG?  The officers and committee chairs are hoping you¹ll speak up.
Directly contact anyone you like. SIG USE continues to lead the study of
information interactions and your expertise can strengthen those
conversations.

I hope this brief mid-year report will spark ideas and encourage your
participation.  SIG USE members have the insight, questions, and
understanding that are essential to meaningful disciplinary growth.
Please, share yours.

Best regards,
Lynn Westbrook (SIG USE Chair, 2010-2011)
School of Information, University of Texas at Austin

Please read the attached for exciting opportunities and contact Lynn or
other appropriate folks if you are interested.

-stephanie
Stephanie Willen Brown € swbrown at unc.edu
SIG USE Communications Coordinator and
Twitter: @siguse