[Siguse-l] Position in Information Studies

Given, Lisa lgiven at csu.edu.au
Fri Dec 9 17:01:36 EST 2011

The School of Information Studies at Charles Sturt University welcomes applications for the following position:

Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Information Studies
• Continuing, Full time
• Level A/B/C - $63,214 - $127,555pa (Including 17% Superannuation)
• Wagga Wagga, Australia

Applications close: 3 February 2012. CSU faculty will be available at ALISE (Dallas Texas, January 2012) for meetings with interested candidates. If you are interested in making an appointment to meet at ALISE, or would like more information about this position, please contact me directly at lgiven at csu.edu.au. More details are available at http://www.csu.edu.au/jobs/vacancies/acad-vacancies.htm (reference number 94351).

The School of Information Studies, Charles Sturt University seeks a full-time academic with expertise in topics related to school library media to teach and conduct research as part of a dynamic team. The Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant/Associate Professor status in the North American system) will work as part of a team of information studies academics to develop new learning resources and to deliver courses in an online environment. The successful candidate will have the potential to become a nationally recognized researcher and scholar in topics related to school librarianship, school library media studies, youth services, and/or instructional technology. The appointee will develop and maintain links with the professional communities in Australia and may supervise research students (e.g., in the PhD program).

As part of CSU’s Faculty of Education, the School of Information Studies is Australia’s largest provider of online education for the information professions with over 1,700 students and over 20 academic staff. The School offers highly regarded, industry focused postgraduate and undergraduate courses/programs in library and information studies, including a stand-alone Masters degree in teacher librarianship, as well as a successful PhD program.

The Faculty of Education is one of the largest Faculties of Education in Australia with over 5,500 students and 140 academic and general staff. The Faculty offers a wide range of courses in teacher education, information studies and human movement studies and is recognised internationally for the quality and diversity of its distance education.

Successful candidates would normally be required to work on the CSU campus at Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia, although in some instances an arrangement in which they are based off campus in another location within Australia may be negotiable.

Cheers, Lisa

Lisa M. Given
Professor of Information Studies | School of Information Studies
Faculty of Education
Charles Sturt University
Locked Bag 588
Wagga Wagga NSW 2678
Australia
Phone: +61 02 6933 4092
Fax: +61 02 6933 2733
Email: lgiven at csu.edu.au
Web: www.csu.edu.au
Charles Sturt University

| ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ONTARIO | ORANGE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.

Charles Sturt University in Australia  http://www.csu.edu.au  The Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795  ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Numbers: 00005F (NSW), 01947G (VIC), 02960B (ACT)

Charles Sturt University in Ontario  http://www.charlessturt.ca 860 Harrington Court, Burlington Ontario Canada L7N 3N4  Registration: www.peqab.ca

Consider the environment before printing this email.