[Siguse-l] ACM SIGIR 2010: Call for Industry Track Papers
SIGIR 2010 Announcements
announce at sigir2010.org
Sat Jan 16 20:17:08 EST 2010
Call for Industry Track Papers
The 33rd Annual ACM SIGIR Conference
19-23 July 2010, Geneva, Switzerland
Co-organized by David Harper (Google, Switzerland) and Peter Schäuble
Following the success of the SIGIR 2007 Industry Event and the SIGIR
2009 Industry Track, this year’s SIGIR conference will include an
Industry Track, to be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2010 during the
regular conference program, and in parallel with the technical tracks.
The Industry Track's objectives are twofold. The first objective is
presenting the state-of-the-art in search, delivered as keynote talks by
influential technical leaders from the search industry. The confirmed
keynote speakers include:
* William Chang, Baidu
* Yossi Matias, Google
* Jan Pedersen, Bing
* Ilya Segalovich, Yandex
The second objective of the Industry Track is the presentation of
interesting, novel and innovative ideas from the search industry. There
will be two sessions with three presentations per session. Each of these
presentations will be 30 minutes long including Q&A.
Industry authors are invited to prepare proposals for presenting
interesting, novel and innovative IR ideas, and submit these to
industry at sigir2010.org by March 31st 2010. The proposals should contain
* Short company portrait (approx. 125 words)
* Short CV of the presenter (approx. 125 words)
* Title and abstract of the presentation (approx 250 words)
* Reasons why the presentation should be interesting to the SIGIR audience
When submitting a proposal, please bear in mind the following:
* Ensure the presentation is relevant to the SIGIR audience (the Call
for Papers gives a good idea of the conference scope).
* Try to highlight interesting R&D challenges in the work you present
* Please do not present a sales pitch.
* All slides will be made public (no confidential information on the
slides; you will be expected to ensure your slides are approved by your
company before being presented).
* Presenters may opt to have their presentation videoed and made public,
and if so, the presenter will be asked to sign a release form.
We look forward to receiving your submissions, and welcoming you to the
SIGIR 2010 Conference and Industry Track.
See also http://www.sigir2010.org/doku.php?id=call:industry
David Harper & Peter Schäuble
More information about the Siguse-l