[Siguse-l] User Studies with MORAE @ AM08

Erdelez, Sanda ErdelezS at missouri.edu
Fri Sep 12 15:31:07 EDT 2008

Dear SIG USE Colleagues:
Are you coming to ASIS&T AM08? Does your research involve collecting
data from user-system interactions such as users' voice, facial
expressions or various quantitative metrics (webpage changes,
time-on-task, mouse clicks...)? Do you conduct qualitative user studies
and spend a lot of time manually analyzing user session recordings? In
our Information Experience Laboratory (IE Lab) at University of Missouri
(http://education.missouri.edu/SISLT/ielab/) we have been conducting
research and usability evaluation studies with Morae
(http://www.techsmith.com/morae.asp), all-digital, user-experience
evaluation software, for over 3 years. We would like to share our
experience with you (with hands-on tricks and collegial advice).

Please consider attending our 2-part pre-ASIST conference workshop on
Friday 10/24:

Part 1 (8:30am-12:30pm): Introduction to Morae -- We'll help you learn
how to use MORAE in your research.
Part 2 (1:00pm-6pm): Research applications of Morae -- We'll share how
Morae can help you in several popular (and also some innovative)
research designs.

The two workshops can be taken together or separately. Part 1 will end
with a brief overview of research designs, and Part 2 will start with a
short an overview of Morae functions. To register ($175 --Early
registration fee; $200 after 9/12) and to learn more about the workshops
go to: https://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM08/am08regform.php or contact
me directly (sanda at missouri.edu)
See you in Columbus!

Sanda Erdelez
IE Lab founder

Dr. Sanda Erdelez
Associate Professor
School of Information Science and Learning Technologies
University of Missouri -- Columbia
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
tel. 573-882-5088