[Siguse-l] SIG USE @ ASIS&T

Stephanie Willen Brown stephanie.brown at uconn.edu
Thu Oct 23 10:01:29 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'd like to point out some useful SIG USE-specific material for the
upcoming ASIS&T meeting (with apologies for cross-posting on email &
Facebook)

1.  SIG USE Planning Meeting will Sunday night, Oct. 26, at 7:30 at  La
Fogata Grill in Columbus on 790 N. High St., Columbus (within walking
distance of the hotel)  http://www.lafogatagrill.com/.  The agenda for
that meeting is on the Facebook SIG USE web site at
http://uconn.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19704594464

2.  Lots of kudos are in order for SIG USE, as the SIG garnered 3 ASIS&T
awards:
* SIG Member of the year (Karen Fisher)
* SIG Publication of the Year ( Information and Emotion: The Emergent
Affective Paradigm in Information Behavior Research and Theory)
* sharing SIG-of-the-year with International Information Issues.
Celebrate & offer your congratulations!

3. Check out the netvibes SIG USE page at
http://www.netvibes.com/sig_use  There, you'll see some photos, an RSS
feed of JASIST articles, as well as an RSS feed of articles by SIG USE
members (currently just the SIG USE board, but more soon), links to the
Facebook and SIG USE web site.  On a separate tab is a set of links
related to Columbus, including the current weather!

4.  Contribute to the SIG USE photo pool in Flickr.  Tag any SIG USE
related images with siguse (one word) and upload them to Flickr; check
out photos from last year at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/siguse/

5. Check out the SIG USE home page (http://www.siguse.org) for more
details on the award winners and other SIG USE activity.

6. Hopefully you'll be attending the 8th Annual Research Symposium of
Special Interest Group:  Information Needs, Seeking & Use (SIG USE),
whose topic is "Future Directions: Information Behavior in the Design &
Making of Relevant Research" and will be on Saturday, October 25, 2008,
1:30pm-6pm at the Hyatt Regency.

Unfortunately, due to state budget restrictions, I won't be able to join
you all in Columbus.  Feel free to email / message me if you have
questions or comments about any of this.  Enjoy ASIS&T!

thanks,
stephanie,
communications coordinator for SIG USE

Stephanie Willen Brown
electronic resources librarian & liaison
to psychology & communication
University of Connecticut Libraries
860.486.4855
stephanie.brown at uconn.edu