[Siguse-l] Multiple awards to SIGUSE!

Olof Sundin Olof.Sundin at kult.lu.se
Thu Oct 23 07:28:21 EDT 2008

Dear all,

SIGUSE and people engaged in SIGUSE have been awarded all awards we were
eligible for by ASIS&T and the SIG Cabinet (see below) and we have every
reason to be proud!

- SIGUSE is awarded SIG of the Year (together with SIGIII).

- Karen Fisher is awarded SIG Member of the Year (congratulations Karen!)

- Information and Emotion: The Emergent Affective Paradigm in Information
Behavior Research and Theory (editors: Diane Nahl and Dania Bilal) is
awarded SIG Publication of the Year (Congratulations Diane and Dania!).

We have all the reasons to celebrate in Columbus!

I would like to thank all of you involved in SIGUSE for making this happen.
And I would especially like to thank those of you who have particularly
worked with the proposals – Crystal Fulton, Sanda Erdelez, Barbara Wildemuth
and Eileen Abels). I will send out an announcement to the SIGUSE list
tomorrow.

Congratulations to everyone and I hope to see you in Ohio!

All the best,

Olof

  _____