[Siguse-l] [Fwd: [Sig-bwp] Call for Papers: Internet Research 9.0 (AoIR 2008 conference)]

M.J. Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Sat Dec 22 10:21:24 EST 2007

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: [Sig-bwp] Call for Papers: Internet Research 9.0 (AoIR	2008
conference)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:49:22 -0500
De: Jeremy Hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu>
Répondre à :: Proto-SIG on Blogs, Wikis and Podcasting <sig-bwp at asis.org>
Pour :: software and culture <softwareandculture at lists.tmttlt.com>,
"Proto-SIG on Blogs, Wikis and Podcasting" <sig-bwp at asis.org>
Références: <00ac01c8431a$ba01a5e0$2e04f1a0$@dk>

> apologies for xposting -jh
>
> Please distribute to colleagues and relevant lists!
>

> Lisbeth Klastrup
> Conference Chair
> IT University of Copenhagen
>
> Brian Loader
> Program Chair
> University of York

> CALL FOR PAPERS
>
> INTERNET RESEARCH 9.0: RETHINKING COMMUNITY, RETHINKING PLACE
> International and Interdisciplinary Conference of the Association of
> Internet Researchers (AoIR)
> Copenhagen, Denmark
>
> Workshops / Doctoral Colloquium: October 15th, 2008
>
> AoIR. conference: October 16–18th, 2007
>
> Deadline for paper submissions: February 8th, 2007
>

> RETHINKING COMMUNITY, RETHINKING PLACE
> In the past few years, new forms of net-based communities have
> emerged,
> distributed on various websites and services, and making use of
> several
> media platforms and genres to stay connected. Now, as mobile and
> location-based technologies are reintroducing "place" as an
> important aspect
> in the formation of communal and social activities, it is time to
> consider
> and rethink the concept of online or virtual communities. Not
> forgetting the
> lessons we have learned from studying the early virtual communities,
> how do
> we describe, analyse, theorise and design the communities and social
> formations of the early 21st century? How do we address the blurring
> of
> boundaries between places and communities on- and offline?
>
> We call for papers, panel proposals, and presentations from any
> discipline,
> methodology, and community, and from conjunctions of multiple
> disciplines,
> methodologies and academic communities that address the conference
> themes.
>
> Sessions at the conference will be established that specifically
> address the
> conference themes, and we welcome innovative, exciting, and
> unexpected takes
> on those themes. We also welcome submissions on topics that address
> social,
> cultural, political, economic, and/or aesthetic aspects of the
> Internet
> beyond the conference themes. In all cases, we welcome disciplinary
> and
> interdisciplinary submissions as well as international
> collaborations from
> both AoIR and non-AoIR members.
>

> SUBMISSIONS
> We seek proposals for several different kinds of contributions. We
> welcome
> proposals for traditional academic conference papers, but we also
> encourage
> proposals for creative or aesthetic presentations that are distinct
> from a
> [...]

Jeremy Hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu
)

Words are things; and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a
thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.
--Byron

19/12/2007 19:37

Dr. Michel J. Menou
Visiting Professor, SLAIS, University College London, U.K.
Consultant in ICT policies and Knowledge & Information Management
Adviser of Somos at Telecentros board http://www.tele-centros.org
Member of the founding steering committee of
Telecenters of the Americas Partnership http://www.tele-centers.net/
B.P. 15
F-49350 Les Rosiers sur Loire, France
Email: micheljmenou[at]gmail[dot]com