[Siguse-l] ASIS&T info now in Eight Languages

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Mon Jul 24 13:35:42 EDT 2006

Hello Colleagues!
Ni Hao, Bonjour, Guten Tag, Ola, Buenos Dias, Hej!

As you may know, ASIS&T is truly an international organization, with members from over 50 countries. On behalf of the Membership Committee of ASIS&T, I am pleased to announce that we now offer a two-page information sheet introducing ASIS&T that can be downloaded from the ASIS&T web site (http://www.asis.org/infosheets/) in the following
languages:

Chinese (Simplified - Mainland)
Chinese (Traditional - Taiwan)
English
French
German
Portuguese
Spanish
Swedish

The two-page PDF files are suitable for distributing to colleagues individually or at events. Please share these publications widely among your networks.

ASIS&T in Your Language*: http://www.asis.org/infosheets/
* Methods for ASIS&T inquiries in other languages are outlined on the web page.

********************************

Many Thanks

These documents are the result of efforts by a variety of members who deserve to be recognized for their contributions including coordination, editing, translation and design.

The Membership Subcommittee responsible for these documents includes:
Caryn Anderson, John D'Ignazio, Kris Liberman, Michel Menou, Ruth Vondracek, and Amanda Wilson.

We are eternally grateful to our translators and reviewers: Nadia Caidi, Sergio Chaparro-Univazo, Mabrouka El Hachani, Miriam Figuiredo Veira da Cunha, Michel Menou, Christian Schlogel, Diane H. Sonnenwald, Imma Subirats Coll, Peishan Tsai Bentley, and Yin Zhang.

Special thanks go to Gerry Benoit (benoit at simmons.edu) for the design and typesetting mastery in a multitude of different languages.

We look forward to adding more languages in the future. If you would like to provide a translation, please contact Caryn Anderson at icisc at asist.org.

Cheers,
Caryn

Chair, Membership Subcommittee
Infoshare Officer, International Information Issues SIG Coordinator, International Calendar of Information Science Conferences
(http://icisc.neasist.org)

--
Caryn Anderson
Program Coordinator

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900