[Siguse-l] ALERT -- Changing list server

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Fri Jul 8 09:45:49 EDT 2005

This evening, Friday, July 8, after 6:00 pm we will be moving all our mail
functions to a new server.

It can take 24-28 hours for the new DNS to propagate through the system.

All the list software has been re-installed and tested.  We will be doing a
final download of the subscribers, archives, settings, etc. of all lists
this evening as the switch is made.

This does mean that some messages or subscriptions may be missed because of
the transition.

To assure deliver of messages, please hold off on posting from Friday at 6
pm until Monday morning.

Dick Hill

_____
Richard B. Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
Fax: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900