[Siguse-l] Announcing eLit 2004 and Call for Proposals

Nancy Becker nbecker63 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 18:32:01 EST 2004

Apologies for cross-posting

Announcing eLit2004
The 3rd International Conference on eLiteracy

2nd - 4th June 2004 at St John's University, New York, USA

'eLit' has a unique focus: eLiteracy, the whole range of skills and
intellectual abilities needed to use the new technologies underpinning
learning and life in the modern world.

Join us in New York at the third international conference on this theme,
help further our understanding of how and why the ability to be
eLiterate
is a key to learning across all educational sectors. Help us define what

eLiteracy represents and encompasses - including computer literacy,
information literacy, media literacy, thinking skills and learning
skills.

The event will be based in the spacious and quiet St John's University
campus in the Queens district of New York City, readily accessible from
downtown Manhattan. Please review our conference themes and join us,
either
as a presenter or delegate, next June to share knowledge and experience
of
furthering the issues of eLiteracy.

For further details, go to http://www.elit-conf.org/elit2004/index.html

Proposals for papers can be submitted at:

http://www.elit-conf.org/elit2004/papers.html

We hope to see you at eLit2004!
eLit Steering Committee
http://www.elit-conf.org/contactus.html