[Siguse-l] IMPORTANT: sig use sessions

Dania Bilal dania at utk.edu
Wed Jan 15 19:42:08 EST 2003

Hi all,
Sig Use is planning the following sessions for the 2003 asist
conference. The names of the organizers and their e-mail addresses are
provided below. If any Sig is willing to co-sponsor any of these
sessions, please let me know. If you are interested in participating in
any of these sessions, please contact the respective organizer. If you
know of any speaker who would be good to invite, please contact me or
Debbie Klein (sig use Chair-elect). Debbie's e-mail:Klein_D at bls.gov

1.  Teaching the information behavior course. Organizer: Hsin-liang Chen
(Oliver); e-mail: chen at ischool.utexas.edu

2. Discount usability studies. Organizer: Tom-Burton West;
e-mail: TBurtonwest at getty.edu

3. What can we learn from usage
data? Organizer: (Jeff) Shim; e-mail: wshim at mailer.fsu.edu

4. Supporting the user at the interface. Organizer: Elaine
Toms. E-mail:  toms at fis.utoronto.ca

5. Digital information for youth. Organizer: Dania
Bilal. E-mail: dania at utk.edu
Co-sponsor: Sig Ed, Sig DL

6. Information behavior in everyday life. Organizer: Karen
Fisher; e-mail: fisher at u.washington.edu

Sig Use will be co-sponsoring these sessions:
1.  Cultural variations of Internet use. Sig III
2.  Virtual reference. Sig STI

The Sig Use tradition will continue in 2003 by offering the
following Research Symposium: Using theory in information
behavior research. Organizers: Karen Fisher and Sanda Erdelez.

Regards,
Dania Bilal, Sig Use Chair

Dania Bilal, Ph.D
Associate Professor
School of Information Sciences
The University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park
Communications 451
Knoxville, TN 37996
(865) 974-3689
E-mail:dania at utk.edu
http://web.utk.edu/~dania/dania.htm
                        "The greater the obstacle,
                the more glory in overcoming it." Moliere.