[Siguse-l] Sig use proposed 2003 sessions

Dania Bilal dania at utk.edu
Thu Dec 5 15:28:48 EST 2002

Hi all,
At our SIG US planning session, we decided to offer the following
sessions at 2003 asist meeting. Your input about these sessions is greatly
appreciated.If you still would like to work on the sessions you have
proposed and/or on other sessions, please let me know.
1) Teaching the information behavior course. Suggested
speakers/planners: Hsin-liang Chen (Oliver), Barbara Wildemuth, and Carol
Barry
2) Defining measures for user studies (Delphi Study). Suggested
speakers/planners: Carol Barry & Barbara Wildemuth
3) Discount usability tests and user studies. Suggested
speakers/planners: Tom Burton-West, Sandra Hirsh, and Linda Schamber). Linda: your name was
proposed by Carol Barry and Barbara.
4) What can we learn from usage data. Suggested speaker/planner: Karla
Hahn (Karla, please suggest additional speakers for this session)
5) Supporting the user at the interface. Suggested speaker/planner: Elaine
Toms (Elaine, please suggest additional speakers)
6) Children and digital information??? Suggested
speakers/planners: Allison Druin, June Abbas, Dania Bilal + others
7) Information behavior in everyday life. Suggested speaker/planner: Karen
Pettigrew (Fisher) [Karen: please suggest additional speakers)
8) Exploration of user values and information use. Suggested
planner: Homer Hall (Homer and others: We need speakers for this session)
Research Symposium Topic: using theory in information behavior
research???Suggested planners: Barbara Wildemuth and Sanda Erdelez
(Barbara and Sanda: Would you like to do this topic for the symposium?)
Thank you for your input. Once I hear from all of you, I will send a copy
of this e-mail to sig-l to share with all sigs and to get co-sponsorship
for the sessions.
Dania Bilal, Ph.D
Associate Professor
School of Information Sciences
The University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park
Communications 451
Knoxville, TN 37996
(865) 974-3689
E-mail:dania at utk.edu
http://web.utk.edu/~dania/dania.htm
                        "The greater the obstacle,
                the more glory in overcoming it." Moliere.