[Sigtis-l] More information on Budhathoki's work with Kathmandu Living Labs (2014 Best Social Informatics Paper winner)

Adam Worrall adam at adamworrall.org
Mon Nov 10 16:45:00 EST 2014

Hi all, for those of you who attended our symposium at ASIS&T 2014 you may recall Caroline Haythornthwaite's presentation of her paper with Nama Raj Budhathoki titled "Motivation For Open Collaboration: Crowd and Community Models and the Case of OpenStreetMap" (which appeared in volume 57, issue 5 of American Behavioral Scientist, pp. 548-575; doi:10.1177/0002764212469364). Budhathoki and Haythornthwaite, who were presented with the 2014 Best Social Informatics Paper Award at the symposium, have asked us to share additional information on Kathmandu Living Labs’ work on social and crowd engagement for those who are interested. You can find this information in PDF form at the URL below:

https://asistsigsi.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/budhathoki_kathmandu_living_labs_social_crowd_engagement_110114.pdf

Congratulations again to our best paper and best student paper winners!

Adam Worrall, Ph.D.
Communications Officer, ASIS&T SIG SI
Adjunct Professor, Florida State University
School of Information - Florida’s iSchool
adam at adamworrall.org  aworrall at fsu.edu
http://www.adamworrall.org