[Sigtis-l] Technology, Information and Society SIG meeting

KRISTIN R ESCHENFELDER eschenfelder at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 20 13:58:34 EDT 2004

Greetings SIG TIS list members:

Interested in helping revitalize the Technology, Information and Society
SIG?  Want to meet other researchers working in this area?

Please join us at a SIG TIS meeting at the ASIST annual conference:

what: SIG TIS meeting
when: 1-2pm Monday 11/15
where: the Executive Board Room at the main conference hotel

The meeting will include the following:

a) do we want to sponsor a panel at the 2005 annual meeting?
b) who wants to serve as a SIG officer (self nominations welcome)?
c) what are the best ways to regularly communicate with each other about
conferences, journals, ideas etc?
d) how can we better promote TIS research in new areas of LIS?
e) what else do we want to do?

SIG TIS needs your ideas & energy!

Please check out the new SIG TIS homepage which includes information
about relevant conferences:

http://www.slis.indiana.edu/CSI/sigtis.html

Please contact one of us if you have suggestions for other conferences
or resources to add to the homepage.

We hope to see you in Providence!

Kristin Eschenfelder  eschenfelder at wisc.edu
Noriko Hara  nhara at indiana.edu
Bin Li lib at ils.unc.edu

Kristin Eschenfelder, Ph.D.
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Madison
eschenfelder at wisc.edu
1-608-263-2105
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen