[sigtag-l] CFP ASIS&T AM 08: Reminder

Emma L. Tonkin e.tonkin at ukoln.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 13:09:33 EST 2008

Hi all,

Happy new year!

Just to remind you about this year's ASIS&T AM CfP: if you have it in mind
to arrange a panel, now would be the time to find some like-minded
co-panelists and get writing.

Now that we're in the new year, how about arranging a quick online (IRC)
chat sometime? Of course everyone's pretty busy now that we're back in
deadline season. However, the list has grown beyond the size of our
Mexican-restaurant origins, and there are now a lot of people here who've
never met online or in person. Hence, it would possibly be a good idea for
all of us to get to know a little bit about each other, and by extension
(on the principle that a community is really defined by its members!) what
this SIG is about.

If you like the idea, let me know, along perhaps with your preferred or
least preferred dates. As a group, academics tend to be rather too busy
for aimless chitchat, but as British Telecom used to say, "it's good to
talk" :-)

Regards,

Em

Emma Tonkin, Interoperability Focus Officer, UKOLN