[Sigsti-l] SIG STI Best Paper Award

Robert R Downs rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 4 11:31:18 EDT 2015

Dear SIG STI Members,

SIG STI is pleased to announce that this year’s Best Paper Award goes to
Andrea K. Thomer and Nicholas M. Weber for their paper, The Phylogeny of
a Dataset, which was presented at last year’s ASIS&T annual conference
in Seattle and appears in the Proceedings of the American Society for
Information Science and Technology.  The paper explores the adaptation
of phylogenetic analysis to the quantitative methodology of research
data management applications. The reference appears, below.

Thomer, Andrea K., and Nicholas M. Weber. "The phylogeny of a dataset."
Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and
Technology 51.1 (2014): 1-11.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/meet.2014.14505101064

Congratulations to Andrea and Nicholas for a job well done! The award
will be presented to Andrea and Nicholas at the STI annual business
meeting in St. Louis in November.  Thanks to the jury for their
dedication in selecting our award winner and we are looking forward to
seeing you all in St. Louis.

Thanks,

Bob Downs

Robert R. Downs, PhD
Senior Digital Archivist and Senior Staff Associate Officer of Research
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),
The Earth Institute, Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
Voice: 845-365-8985; fax: 845-365-8922
E-mail:rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Columbia University CIESIN Web site:http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu