[Sigsti-l] Fwd: [STS-L] Science Boot Camp for Librarians is coming to Canada!

Moriana Garcia garciam at denison.edu
Tue Dec 10 16:47:45 EST 2013

Please, excuse duplication.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim Klassen <Tim.Klassen at ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Subject: [STS-L] Science Boot Camp for Librarians is coming to Canada!
To: "sts-l at ala.org" <sts-l at ala.org>

*Science Boot Camp for Librarians is coming to Canada!  … and while we are
still busy sorting all the details and adding them to the website, we want
to make sure you block these dates off in your calendar so …*

*Save the dates!  2014 June 4-6*

*Save the website!
**http://libguides.uleth.ca/TrueNorth2014*<http://libguides.uleth.ca/TrueNorth2014>

… and plan to attend the first Canadian-based *True North Science Boot
Camp* for
librarians to take place at the *University of Manitoba, Winnipeg,
MB, Wednesday June 4 to Friday June 6, 2014.   *Started in Massachusetts
and spreading throughout the USA, science boot camps for librarians are
immersive 2.5 day events featuring educational presentations delivered by
scientists.

*Topics we are working on:*  Arctic science, medical imaging, food studies,
environmental science, not to mention the evening activities to facilitate
getting to know each other.

*Who’s this for?*  Librarians involved in supporting research in the
sciences or technology although anybody with an interest in science
research is welcome.

*What’s the cost?*  $295 includes the camp plus 2 nights (dorm)
accommodations with breakfast, lunch, breaks, and official dinner; $150 for
commuters includes the camp plus lunch, breaks, and official dinner).

*When will registration open?   *Monday, February 10, 2014.   *Please note
that registration is capped at 50.*

*Sponsors:*  Council of Prairie & Pacific University Libraries and the
University of Manitoba Libraries with more to come.

*Check the **True North2014
website*<http://libguides.uleth.ca/TrueNorth2014>* for
details* as they take shape!  See you there!

--
Tim Klassen
Head, Science and Technology Library

--