[Sigsti-l] Panels ASIS&T 2013 "Beyond the Cloud" ?

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 16 13:37:07 EST 2012

It seems that the website for submitting panels is up:
	http://www.softconf.com/asis/AM_13_Panels_and_Technical_Sessions/

... but I can't find the call for participation posted online.

Moriana sent me a scan, so I've retyped (most of) it so that everyone can
be confused by my typos and such.  (and if you don't have a fixed-width
font, this may look really bad)

... and I'm going to follow up with another e-mail of some of the ideas
thus far.

-Joe

----

                                                    Call for Participation
                                                    ----------------------

76th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Information Science and
                             Technology
    November 1-6, 2013, Centre Sheraton, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

          Beyond the Cloud: Rethinking Information Boundaries

   The continuing development of computing and mobile technology and the
ongoing evolution of the Web environment provide new ways for accessing,
acquiring, retrieving and storing information which constantly defy
traditional boundaries.  With the growth of digital content, information
objects are blurred and challenge information organization.  As more
people interact and exchange knowledge and information on the Web and the
cloud, information environment are transformed and human information
behaviors are shifting.  As information use is increasing and becomes
more complex, the need for meaningful integration and analysis is growing.
The ASIST Annual Meeting is the main venue for disseminating research on
advances in information science, information technology and related topics.
This year's conference theme offers an opportunity to reflect on all of
the changes that impact on human information interaction and their
implications for information science and technology.  Submissions are
solicited for, but not limited to, the five tracks below.

Tracks
------
Track 1: Human Information Interaction
Information Retrieval; Information Behavior; Human Computer Interaction;
Usability; E-Science & Distributed Collaboration; Virtual Organizations;
User Modeling; Mobile Technologies.

Track 2: Information Organization and Representation
Meta data; Taxonomies; Information Visualization; Information Architecture;
Digital Libraries; Indexing and Abstracting; Classification; Social Tagging;
Semantic Web and Ontology; Social Media.

Track 3: Information Use & Analysis
Information Seeking and User Studies; Strategic, Security & Competitive
Intelligence; Information & Knowledge Management; Comparative Analysis
of Information Practices; Information Metrics (Bibliometrics, Informatrics,
Webometrics).

Track 4: Information Preservation & Access
Digital Curation; Big Data; E-book; Information Quality; Copyright;
Intellectual Properties and Related Issues; Information Literacy

Track 5: Information Environments & Socio-Cultural Aspects
Organizational & Contextual Issues; Security & Privacy; Economics of
Information; Social Informatics; Information Policy; Foundation of
Information Science; Digital Humanities; Web 3.0 and related
technologies; Cloud Computing.

Types of Submissions
1) Papers: [I really don't feel like typing this whole thing ... up
   to 10 pages, will be double-blind reviewed, must be recent original
   results]
   http://www.softconf.com/asis/AM_13_Contributed_Papers/

2) Panels:  The proposals for panels on topics that can be either
research- or practice- oriented are welcomed.  The topics range from
emerging cutting-edge research and design, analyses of emerging trends,
opinions on controversial issues, analyses of tools and techniques,
to contrasting viewpoints from experts in complementary professional
areas.  Panels must have a cohesive theme and promote lively discussions
between panelists and audience members.  Proposals should provide a
description (2-4 pages) of the issues to be discussed, and a list of
panelists who have agreed to participate with their qualifications
and contributions to the panel.
Submission site: http://www.softconf.com/asis/AM_13_Panels_and_Technical_Sessions/

3) Interactive Showcase [again, not the focus of this post ... 2-4 pages
or 1250 words; for posters, demos and videos (3-10min)]
   http://www.softconf.com/asis/AM-13-Posters/

4) Workshops and Tutorials [half day or full day, one per SIG]
   http://www.softconf.com/asis/AM_13_Tutorials_and_Workshops/

For more information, please contact:
Conference Chairs: France Bouthillier, McGill University (france.bouthiller at mcgill.ca)
Boryung Ju, Louisiana State University (bju1 at lsu.edu)

Important Dates:
Submissions for Papers, Panels, Workshops & Tutorials : April 15th, 2013
Submissions for Posters, Demos & Videos: July 1st, 2013