[Sigsti-l] DCC's "How to Cite Datasets and Link to Publications"

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 16 14:07:26 EST 2011

(appologizes if you get this more than once, as I'm going to send this to a few
mailing lists)

I noticed that the Digital Curation Centre published a guide to citing datasets
in October:

 	http://www.dcc.ac.uk/news/new-dcc-guide-citing-datasets

In first reading, it's in line with many of the well established
recommendations (eg, IPY / ESIPfed ... although, they're not cited), but it
expands on a lot of things, talks about what data providers need to do,
how authors should cite data and various infrastructure projects to
facilitate citation.

It's really heavily footnoted, and has links to a whole slew of related
projects from different disciplines.

-Joe