[Sigsti-l] NASA research funding opportunity : NOI due June 30th

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 19 12:29:10 EDT 2008

Sorry for the short notice -- this one almost snuck by me.

The Notice of Intent deadline for the 'Advanced Information Systems
Research' is June 30th.  They've also had their budget cut in half:

 	http://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/viewrepositorydocument/cmdocumentid=129026/E.2%20Ver3%20AISR.pdf

(I say 'deadline', but from what I understand of the process, it's still
possible to file a proposal without a NOI ... contact the program manager
in the solicitation if you're interested, but timing's a problem)

AISR tends to focus on unproven research that has the potential to be
applied to multiple scientific fields.  It's not direct physcal science,
but research that would help the scientists do better science.  Issues in
data finding, storage and mining qualifies, as well as knowledge systems,
data visualization, etc.

For an examples of what sort of things have gotten funding, see the list
of current projects presented at their last workshop:

 	http://aisrp.nasa.gov/2008Workshop/

-----
Joe Hourcle
Principal Software Engineer