[Sigsti-l] Preparing for another newsletter ...

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 18 11:34:21 EDT 2007

As we're only a month away from the Annual Meeting, and hopefully all of
the professors and Europeans are back from their summer hollidays, I'm
going to solicit for another newsletter, to come out just before the
meeting.

(yes, yes, I know, I never did make a PDF version of the last one ... but
no one complained, and I got compliments on the ASCII version)

So, if you have anything new to add for this next one, especially if you
think I left out anything from the last one, please let me know.

-Joe

--

     Length:
        Submissions can be of any length, even if it's just a sentance or

     Format:
        If you can generate it, I can probably read it, or find a way to
        read it.  ASCII, TEX, MS Word, PS, RTF, PDF, ODF, are all fine.

     Content:
        Just about anything -- provided it's at least peripherially
        related to information science & technology related to science &
        technical information:

        * Published anything you want people to read?
        * Read anything you think others should read, too?
        * Know of any upcoming meetings / events?
        * Know of any interesting studies / research that might not yet
          be published but could be worth following?
        * Any new software / technology that might be of interest?

        If there's something going on in one of the other ASIS&T SIGs, or
        some other group that's still might be of interest to this group,
        send that along, too.  I'm not very discriminating, so long as
        it's at least somewhat on topic.

     Deadlines:
        If you have something, and it's past [deadline], just send it
        anyway.  I'll put it in the next newsletter, provided it's not a
        time-sensitive item.  (and if it's [deadline+1], odds are I haven't
        finished the newsletter, anyway, so can still add in stuff, but
        I'm hoping everyone doesn't wait 'till a day or two past [deadline]
        to give me stuff)