[Sigsti-l] Soliciting info for the newsletter

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 2 16:12:13 EDT 2007

Well, I've been Communications Officers for more than 4 months now, and
haven't put out a newsletter, so I thought I'd solicit the list for any
contributions.

In looking through the officer's manual, they suggest considering:

(assume 'pertaining the field' as a qualifier for all items)

	* reports from SIG officers
	* reviews of recent SIG activities
	* announcements of meetings, workshops and seminars
	  (SIG sponsored or not)
	* solicited articles
	* excerts from papers delivered at ASIS&T meetings
	  (so long as there's copyright permission)
	* descriptions of new technologies, equipment, databases,
	  resources, etc
	* book reviews and lists of recent publications
	* case studies
	* reports on current research and development

If people have submitted proposals for the 2007 Annual meeting (sessions,
papers, posters, etc) that pertain to STI, I'd be interested in that, too.
(even if they're not accepted, it gives people an idea what each other are
working on / interested in).

You can send information to me at either my work or home e-mail addresses:

	oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
	oneiros at annoying.org

-----
Joe Hourcle