[Sigsti-l] Science Librarians - survey

Janet Arth arth at tc.umn.edu
Fri Mar 3 12:57:24 EST 2006

Colleagues:

Please excuse any duplication or cross posting.  I am trying to reach as
many practicing science and technology librarians and information
professionals (post-MLS) as possible.

Please share your educational background and work experience with me by
completing a short survey!  The results will be used in a study designed to
refine the focus of sci-tech librarian recruitment initiatives, and
identify new venues in which to advertise science librarianship as a
challenging, rewarding career choice.  In addition, results could prove
useful in identifying useful or important education and experience
requirements to include in job descriptions, and help identify factors
important in retaining those highly qualified individuals hired as a result.

Participation involves the completion of a short online survey requiring an
estimated 10-15 minutes of your time.  Please note that completing the
survey is voluntary, and responses do not identify specific individuals or
their institutions.  All responses will be published in aggregate form.

The survey is available at:

http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB2252DS5KPCM

I will collect responses until March 13, 2006.

Thank you!

Linda Eells
Science Librarian
Entomology, Fisheries and Wildlife Library
University of Minnesota
612-624-4799
mailto:lle at umn.edu