[Sigsti-l] Trisociety - Planning members needed!

KT Vaughan ktlv at email.unc.edu
Tue Jun 27 12:13:10 EDT 2006

Hi all -

So I'm finally ready to get a group together to plan the
Trisociety/DASER Symposium as a preconference workshop to the 2006 ASIST
meeting, and am soliciting help from SIG/STI.  Lots of people are
excited about this year's program - titled "Shaping Things to Come:
Scientific Libraries in the Digital Age".  In keeping with the theme,
I'm hoping to use lots of good 21st century tools to plan - and if you
have or want expertise in some that would be good, now's the time to
share/learn!  The last two DASER summits have been great fun and very
popular - I'm sure this one will be as well.
**
Please help!  Almost everyone at the SIG planning meeting last fall said
they were interested in participating in some way, and as soon as I find
that slip of paper I'll be holding y'all to it... or you could just go
ahead and let me know what you want to do now, and save everyone the
trouble.  :)

Here are some of the things we need your help to do:

1: Program planning: develop a call for papers and/or invite speakers;
review submissions and develop the program for the day
2: Promotion of the symposium
3: Website design and deployment
4: Partner development - at the moment we are planning to work with SLA
Chem and ACS Cheminf (after all, it is the TRIsociety), but more
partners would be welcome!
5: Proceedings managment
6: "Talent" liaisons and local logistics

Helping with the symposium not only looks great on your resume, it's
also a good way to get to know your colleagues in ASIST and other
societies, as well as to shape what should be a really interesting
workshop.  Plus, you'll get an extra day in beautiful Austin, TX!

I'm looking forward to this symposium, and hope you are too.  Please let
me know how you can help!

KT

KTL Vaughan
Librarian for Bioinformatics & Pharmacy
Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
UNC-CH Health Sciences Library
(919) 966-8011 (ph)