[Sigsti-l] Fwd: Call for nominations/self-nominations for Chair-Elect

Jian Qin Jqin at syr.edu
Mon Aug 28 09:24:55 EDT 2006

This message may have been buried under your email piles over the
weekend. Please excuse the repost and look forward to hearing from you.
-Jian

>>> Jian Qin 8/25/2006 11:07 AM >>>
As the ASIS&T year is drawing to the end, we need to think about
officers for 2006-2007. We will need a new Chair-Elect and
communications officer. If you are interested in one of this positions
or you know someone is interested, please send a message to me. I will
need this by Monday.

The duties and responsibilities for the two positions are given below
(excerpts from the SIG officer manual):

Chair-Elect: automatically becomes chair in the following year, works
closely with the chair in planning and executing SIG programs and serves
as the Alternate SIG Cabinet Representative. The chair-elect will assume
the duties and repsponsibilities of the chair in the event of the
chair's absence, resignation or removal from office. In most ASIS&T
SIGs, the chair-elect assumes the primary responsibility for planning
the SIG's programs during the year, including the technical sessions to
be presentetd at the following Mid-year and annual meetings. The
chair-elect is also responsible for ensuring that the officers roster
for the year he/she will serve as chair is sent to the Cabinet Director
and Headquarters immediately following elections.

Communications officer: The newsletter editor carries out one of the
most important functions of the SIG - communicating with members. The
newsletter editor should be in regular contact with the membership to
solicit information for the newsletter. The editor should not only be
familiar with the subject area but also should understand the procedures
and mechanisms of producing and distributing the newsletter with the
assistance of Headquarters.

Thanks for your attention and hope to hear from you soon!

Jian Qin
STI Chair