[Sigsti-l] FW: SIG/STI officer elections - Phil Edwards

Flanagan, Patricia A patf at WPI.EDU
Tue Oct 18 13:23:33 EDT 2005

Below is some brief bio and articulation of interest from Phil Edwards, who
is up for Secretary/Treasurer of SIG STI.  We will do electing at the SIG
business meeting on Monday morning, Oct. 31, 11-12, Stonewall Boardroom.  We
still need someone interested in being Chair-Elect to Jian Qin's Chair role
for the coming year!

Many thanks to Phil for his interest!
Pat

Pat Flanagan, Chair, SIG-STI
Director of User Services, Assistant Library Director
Gordon Library
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA  01609
508-831-6159

-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip M Edwards [mailto:pme2 at u.washington.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:46 PM
To: Flanagan, Patricia A
Subject: SIG/STI officer elections - Edwards

See you in Charlotte!  -Phil

Bio: Phillip M. Edwards is a third-year Ph.D. student at the Information
School, University of Washington.  He received an M.S. in Information
(2003) from the University of Michigan, School of Information.  He also holds
a B.S. in chemistry with a minor in mathematics (2001) from the University at
Buffalo.  In 2002, he was the recipient of the Chemical Abstracts Service
Student Travel Award (selected by SIG/STI), and in 2004, he was awarded the
Paul Evan Peters Fellowship by the Coalition for Networked Information.  His
research interests lie in the areas of institutional repository development
and management of library services.
He teaches graduate-level courses on information services, reference
resources, search strategies, and service design/evaluation.

Statement of interest: I consider ASIST to be my primary professional
organization, and I have always felt that SIG/STI has aligned most closely
with my interests in the publication, dissemination, and archiving of
information in the sciences.  Over the past several years, the members and
officers have demonstrated what an active, welcoming, and social SIG can
accomplish within ASIST, and I am eager to contribute my talents and
enthusiasm to these efforts as the Secretary/Treasurer.