[Sigsti-l] ASIST AM03 deadline & subject categories

K.T. Vaughan ktlv at email.unc.edu
Mon Jan 27 16:58:51 EST 2003

Hi all -

I just noticed on the Annual Meeting submissions page that the deadline
has been extended (or just changed) to the 31st.  So, less stress today!

I _also_ noticed that, while every active SIG is represented in the list
of subjects from which a submitter can choose for categorizing his/her
paper/panel/poster, the 2002 SIG of the Year (that would be SIG STI) is
NOT.  That's right.  If your panel is about scientific and/or technical
information systems the closest you can get is "Health and biomedical
informatics"!!!!!  This means that six of the sponsored panels from last
meeting would have been uncategorized!  I'm disappointed in whoever put
together the form, and hope that it won't happen again.

KT