[Sigsti-l] (Fwd) Re: ASIST 2003

Julie Arnold jh276 at umail.umd.edu
Thu Jan 9 11:12:56 EST 2003

SIG-CR is interesting in cosponsoring a panel on KM...see below.
Anyone interested in taking the lead on this?

-Julie

Forwarded by:   	"Julie Arnold" <jh276 at umail.umd.edu>
Forwarded to:   	jh276 at umail.umd.edu
Date forwarded: 	Tue, 7 Jan 2003 23:33:02 -0500
Date sent:      	Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:51:20 -0800
From:           	"Mikel Breitenstein" <mikel at breitenstein.com>
Subject:        	Re: ASIST 2003
To:             	"Julie Arnold" <jh276 at umail.umd.edu>

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your response -- and gee, did I ever make a lot of typos
on
that last message to you!!!

SIG-CR has an idea for a 2-part proposal: Part 1 would be 3
perspectives on knowledge organization (Mapping Problems to
Solutions)
- and it will be overviews of needs and approaches from the
perspectives of academic/business/research (depending on who
participates!), sort of the theoretical stance -- "when I talk about
organizing knowledge or information, this is where I am coming
from" ;
Part 2 will be 3 case studies showing real situations and how they
were approached and solved. Denise Bedford is planning that part,
but
I can mediate between you, or her email is
dbedford at worldbank.org.

We'd love to have someone from your SIG participate, and certainly
have the SIG co-sponsor.

AND -- to have any other ideas you have that we might work with
you to
develop.

Julie Arnold
Science & Technology Services Team
Liaison to the Computer Science and Aerospace Engineering
Departments
Coordinator of Reference Services
Engineering and Physical Sciences Library
University of Maryland Libraries
College Park, MD 20742

Email: jh276 at umail.umd.edu
Voice: 301-405-9151