[Sigpub-l] Call for New SIG-PUB Officers

Scott Lapinski slapinski at mco.edu
Mon Oct 21 17:24:34 EDT 2002

Greetings Sig-Pub

Listed below you will find 5 Sig-PUB affiliated sessions which be at
this years Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, but first a brief
announcement...

SIG-PUB needs a full slate of new officers. I was the outgoing Chair in
2001, but will no longer be able to lead the SIG after this November. If
there is anyone who is interested in taking on a leadership role for
SIG-PUB, now is the time! Please send an E-Mail to me if you have any
interest becoming the Chair of SIG-PUB. Preference needs to be given to
someone who will be at the Annual Meeting next month... but even if you
can't make the meeting, let me know of your interest.

Thanks,
Scott Lapinski
slapinski at mco.edu

--------------

10:30-Noon Monday
The Role of "Unpublished" Research in the Scholarly Communication of
Scientists: Digital Preprints and Bioinformation Databases (SIGs STI,
PUB & BIO)

1:30pm - 3:00pm Tuesday
The Changing Face of Scientific Communication: Developing New Models for
Scholarly Publishing in the Electronic Environment (SIGs STI & PUB)

1:30pm - 3:00pm Tuesday
Open Sourcing the Digital Library: Tools & Infrastructure (SIGs DL, LAN
& PUB)

8:30am - 10:00am Wednesday
E-Books Rebound (SIGs PUB, LAN, DL & STI)

3:30 - 5:00 Wednesday
Digital Libraries Supporting Distance Education (SIGs DL, ED & PUB)