[Sigmetrics] 2018 Altmetric Research Grant Now Open for Applications

Stacy Konkiel stacy at altmetric.com
Tue Mar 13 18:51:08 EDT 2018

** With apologies for cross-posting **

Dear Colleagues,

We’re pleased to announce that the 2018 Altmetric Research Grant is now
open for applications!

Awarded annually, the grant <https://www.altmetric.com/research-grant/>
provides up to £1,500 ($1,900) to support a research project in altmetrics
or a related topic that impacts the scholarly ecosystem. Anyone who has an
idea and would not otherwise receive funding for the research from their
employer or organization is welcome to apply.

Previous awardees Dr Lauren Cadwallader
<https://www.altmetric.com/press/press-releases/altmetric-awards-first-annual-research-grant/>
(2016)
and Dr Evan Goldstein
<https://www.altmetric.com/press/press-releases/2017-research-grant-awarded/>
(2017) conducted studies that focused on where, how and why academic
articles were referenced in public policy and on Wikipedia.

More information and details of how to apply can be found at
https://www.altmetric.com/research-grant/

The deadline for submitting an application is 11pm GMT on the 20th of
April. All completed applications will be reviewed by our expert panel, and
we aim to announce the winner on the 8th of May.

We look forward to receiving your applications!

Best,
Stacy Konkiel
Director of Research & Education at Altmetric <http://altmetric.com>
     working from Minneapolis, MN