[Sigmetrics] CFP: Reproducibility in Scientometrics (at STI2018)

Theresa Velden theresa.velden at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 04:29:06 EST 2018

Dear colleagues,

As part of the Science and Technology Indicators Conference (STI) 12-14
September 2018 in Leiden we are organizing a special track on
"Reproducibility in Scientometrics" (see third special track listed on
http://sti2018.cwts.nl).

This specialized track focuses on threats and challenges to reproducibility
in scientometrics research and applied scientometric analysis, and ways to
address them.  We call for contributions in form of short papers (max.
3,000 words) or abstracts of provocations (max. 1,000 words) that highlight
and analyze issues related to reproducibility in scientometric research and
applied scientometric analysis. One topic of recent interest is the
potential impact of the Initiative for Open Citations, I4OC, and we welcome
contributions that compare strengths and weaknesses of open sources of
citation data and proprietary data sources.

The first session of the special track is dedicated to the presentation and
discussion of the submitted and accepted contributions. The second session
of the special track seeks to collectively develop ideas for key actions to
address reproducibility, including the development of a list of top ten key
actions. The interaction format (break-out groups, open fish bowl
conversation or similar) will be adapted to the level and range of
interests suggested by the response to this call for papers.

Please submit your contribution in the short paper category until April 1,
2018. When submitting a provocation (word limit 1,000), please indicate
accordingly, in the title of the paper. Please check
http://sti2018.cwts.nl/submissions for templates, EasyChair access and
additional submission information.

With best regards,
Theresa Velden, Sybille Hinze, Jason Rollins, Andrea Scharnhorst, Jesper
Schneider, Ludo Waltman

Theresa Velden, PhD
IPODI/Marie Curie Fellow
Zentrum für Technik und Gesellschaft