[Sigmetrics] Eugene Garfield passed away on February 26, 2017

Katy Borner katy at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 27 15:15:47 EST 2017

Cassidy,

I am so very sorry to hear this.

Younger (and older) listserv members might like to review and celebrate
his life and major achievements, see also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abNZ66ZLbjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kZ0_5HTYDQ

He will be very much missed,

On 2/27/2017 11:13 AM, Cassidy R. Sugimoto wrote:

> Dear members of the metrics community:
>

> It is with great regret that I inform you that Eugene Garfield passed
> away on February 26, 2017.
>

> A memorial and other means of honoring Gene’s legacy are forthcoming.
>

> Best,
>
> Cassidy R. Sugimoto
>
> President, International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics
>

> --
> Cassidy R. Sugimoto, PhD
> Associate Professor
> School of Informatics and Computing
> Indiana University Bloomington
> http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~sugimoto
> <http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/%7Esugimoto>

Katy Borner * @katycns
Victor H. Yngve Distinguished Professor of Engineering & Information Science
Director, CI for Network Science Center, http://cns.iu.edu
Curator, Mapping Science exhibit, http://scimaps.org

ISE & ILS, School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University
Wells Library 021, 1320 E. Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Phone: (812) 855-3256  Fax: -6166