[Sigmetrics] Impact of Leiden Manifesto

Isabella Peters ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Sat Sep 24 03:31:57 EDT 2016

On behalf of Sarah de Rijcke!

Dear list members,

The authors of the Leiden Manifesto would like to track the impact the paper
has had on policy. For this we need your help. If you have observed the
invocation, discussion, distribution, or application of the Leiden Manifesto
in a policy context, we would like to hear from you. In a perfect world,
practice would be changing because of the Manifesto and we could gather up
stories describing every such instance. Of course, reality will fall short
and most of what we expect to learn about are invocations and discussions.
We may also hear critiques or disagreements. That is fine too. So we would
be most grateful if you could take a few minutes to write short
descriptions, a paragraph or so, of situations you have observed in a policy
making context that involved the Leiden Manifesto. You can send these to any
of the authors ( <mailto:dhicks at gatech.edu> dhicks at gatech.edu is leading
this effort), and let us know whether you are ok with us citing you or
whether you want to make an anonymous report, in which case we won’t
publicly associate your name/country/agency with your account.

One of us (DH) will be presenting on this topic in November at the meeting
of the American Evaluation Association, so we would like to set a deadline
on our information gathering exercise of  <x-apple-data-detectors://1>
November 3, 2016.  Though of course, our interest in the impact of the
manifesto is ongoing, so do inform of us developments after that date as
well. Ultimately we plan to write a paper on the impact of the manifesto.

Diana Hicks, Paul Wouters, Ludo Waltman, Sarah de Rijcke & Ismael Rafols

***

Prof. Dr. Isabella Peters

Professor of Web Science

Kiel University (CAU Kiel)

Institute for Computer Science

Department Web Science (R. 506)

Hermann-Rodewald-Str. 3

D-24118 Kiel

T: +49 431 880-7286

E: ipe at informatik.uni-kiel.de

Web:  <http://www.ws.informatik.uni-kiel.de/en/research>
http://www.ws.informatik.uni-kiel.de/en/research

ZBW Leibniz Information Center for Economics

Düsternbrooker Weg 120

D-24105 Kiel

T: +49-431-8814-623

E: i.peters at zbw.eu