[Sigmetrics] Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship
Terrie Rose Wheeler
tew2004 at med.cornell.edu
Sat Oct 22 20:37:28 EDT 2016
Apologies for cross-posting. Please share broadly with interested persons.
Please consider nominating a colleague (or yourself) for the Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship. Please note that if awarded in this cycle, the fellowship will take place in 2018.
The purpose of the Cunningham fellowship is to assist in the education and training of health science librarians from countries outside the United States and Canada. The Cunningham fellowship supports attendance at the MLA Annual Meeting and observation and supervised work in one or more medical libraries in the United States and Canada. The fellowship also permits access to MLA-sponsored online continuing education courses for a one-year period beginning in January of the fellowship year.
The MLA Cunningham Memorial International Fellowships were established in 1967 with a bequest from the estate of Eileen R. Cunningham. The first fellowship was awarded in 1972 at the annual meeting in San Diego, CA. This program continues to train and motivate international librarians with the latest advances in the health information profession.
· The applicant must have both an undergraduate degree and a master's level library degree. The latter requirement may be waived. Transcripts or a copy of your diploma and grades for courses taken at both the undergraduate and graduate levels should be sent at the same time as the application.
· The applicant must be working or preparing to work in a health science library in his or her own country.
· The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States or Canada.
· The applicant is not required to be a member of MLA.
· Past recipients of the Cunningham fellowship are ineligible.
The completed application with documentation must be received by December 1, 2016. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by March 2016.
More information and full terms for the fellowship can be found here: https://mla.socious.com/p/cm/ld/fid=312.
Please contact the Cunningham fellowship chair, Sarah Wade (swade at campbell.edu), if you have any questions.
Terrie R. Wheeler, AMLS
Director, Samuel J. Wood Library and C.V. Starr Biomedical Information Center
Weill Cornell Medicine
Information Technologies & Services
1300 York Avenue
New York, NY 10065
tew2004 at med.cornell.edu<mailto:vap2008 at med.cornell.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SIGMETRICS