[Sigmetrics] references for scientific document citation networks

Mark C. Wilson mc.wilson at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 6 22:13:43 EDT 2016

Dear Sigmetrists,

It is relatively easy to find (via e.g. Google Scholar) research on collaboration networks, co-citation networks, journal to journal citation networks, etc. However I find surprisingly little on the obvious topic of article-to-article citation networks. I have a vague memory of seeing this done for something like arXiv.org or DBLP, but have not been able to find it. I did find one paper claiming to have built such a network with 236000 nodes by searching Journal Citation Reports - I have no idea how that could be done on a reasonable budget.

Any hints to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Mark C. Wilson,  Department of Computer Science, University of Auckland